[LAU] 3.8 vs. 3.5 for realtime USB performance

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Jun 9 14:16:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, June 8, 2013 12:49 pm, James Stone wrote:
> I am struggling to get usable realtime performance <512 latency on my
Ubuntu Studio "low latency" kernels 3.8... The 3.5 kernel in contrast
works
> fine. I put a bugreport in with Ubuntu, but it seems like no-one else is
reporting the same problem. Makes me wonder if I am doing something
wrong. Is there anything additional I should be trying, or is this a
known problem
> that is being worked on by the kernel devs?

It should not hurt to use the older kernel though, just run the 3.5.
Anyway, I have pointed out the patch to our kernel guy, so hopefully it
can appear in the 3.8 if you are running ubuntu 13.04. There should also
be a 3.9 or 3.10 pretty soon.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net