[LAU] [a bit OT] Sebkha-Chott performs Frank Zappa's Thing Fish feat Ike Willis: crowdfunding call

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 08:45:39 UTC 2013

Felix:

Without any ASCII code knowledge, copy/paste is your friend as ever with
these Euro names. I'm surprised I'm pointing this out to someone on this
list! :)

>> I have made the decision not to buy any more Zappa material nor go see
>> any more Zappa Plays Zappa shows because of the way that the Trust has
>> tried to extort money that is not legally theirs from performances of
>> Frank's music.
>
>That's exactly the behaviour I've decided to follow, too.

Wha?

Let me get this straight - you've posted to a list about free audio asking
for money to help perform a Zappa song when you refuse to buy any Zappa
music yourself out of principal? Eh? :)

I only like 60's Zappa - Hot Rats is the last album I can recommend before
his music got a bit too pretentious - and that coming from a prog rock
obsessive so I like a good dose of musical one-upmanship, just not the type
Zappa started to churn out post 1970.

Baby Snakes was a cool film though.