[LAU] [a bit OT] Sebkha-Chott performs Frank Zappa's Thing Fish feat Ike Willis: crowdfunding call

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Wed Jun 12 13:14:40 UTC 2013

2013/6/12 Aurelien <tyranorl at free.fr>

> > I only like 60's Zappa - Hot Rats is the last album I can recommend
> before
> > his music got a bit too pretentious
>
> Oh really? Actually, I'm totally fond of Freak out! (probably my
> favourite), but do love also many of his lives, including Roxy,
> obvisouly, but also New York, Filmore (really, I do love that one), or
> any You can't do that on stage anymore, and finally, I adore Broadway
> the Hard Way (believe it or not).

Yes, yes, yes.. "Broadway the Hard Way" *is* great. It's very political and
still the band has so much fun playing so precisely!
 "Freak out!" and "Absoulutely Free" started it all for me (purchased them
on the same day). They're both still two of my favourites.  I very much
like "Burnt Weeny Sandwich", love "Hot Rats" and "Bongo Fury", and well at
some time I even liked "Uncle Meat".

> > Baby Snakes was a cool film though.

It still is! It is visually mind blowing. I hope there will be a DVD
release of "The amazing Mr. Bickford" one day.