[LAU] Synchronization of audio with MIDI file

Angel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Fri Jun 14 18:31:50 UTC 2013

Nils Gey <ich at nilsgey.de> writes:
> I have no suggestion but a question:
>
> Given that an actual performance mostly differs on the tempo level,
> not on the relative note length level (a quarter is still a quarter,
> but just with a bit more time) wouldn't this be a search for a tool
> that lets you adjust the tempo track of the midi very easily?
>
> For example something that plays back your audio file and you happily
> tap along the quarters or so on a midi key or keyboard-key (what has
> less latency?) and the tool records your tapping as tempo track which
> can then be used to override the tempo instructions in the original
> file.
>
> A bit like a conductors tool. I have read of several tools that use
> this method in the past, but I am unsure if there was a linux one
> among them.

thanks, but this is a complicated piece, with many ritardandos,
accelerandos, so it would be quite difficult to get it right by changing
the tempo in the MIDI file, and in the end I guess I would have to
change it so many times, that I think it is probably faster (and more
accurate) to synchronize the notes one by one.
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/