[LAU] Synchronization of audio with MIDI file

Angel de Vicente angelv at iac.es
Fri Jun 14 22:05:37 UTC 2013

Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> writes:
> Actually, I think Ardour3 would be ideal for this, as you can easily
> work with MIDI piano roll and audio waveforms right on the same screen
> (most sequencers open MIDI piano roll up into a separate window). As
> you can see in this screenshot, you have everything right in front of
> you and its easy to set synch points for both audio and MIDI:

Ardour3 is indeed ideal for what I was looking for. The MIDI piano roll
is great for perfect synchronization with the audio.

Now I'm off to read the manual and if I can get to control the MIDI
instrument from inside Ardour itself (ideally with different instruments
for different bars) and to do something like "Draw region gain" but for
the MIDI part (to get piano, fortes, etc.), then I will be a really
happy chap...

Thanks for the suggestion (and big thanks to the Ardour developers!!)
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/