[LAU] Synchronization of audio with MIDI file

Asa Marco aesir.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 08:50:32 UTC 2013

Il giorno Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:07:56 -1000
david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> ha scritto:

> > Isn't there something that allows to set MIDI tempo by tapping on
> > keyboard? I'm sure to have used that method  once to pair recorded
> > audio and MIDI, but maybe I was using a software on windows.
>
> Rosegarden has that feature, but I think the recommendations for
> Ardour3 would be better ones to take.

Thank you David, I didn't know of that. But since Rosegarden set tempo
only one point at the time, I recognize that is umpractical to set
precisely "accelerando" or "ritardando" in this way.

The approach of, for example, Finale is better for this purpose, i.e. to
change time continuosly while tapping.

http://www.finalemusic.com/usermanuals/finale2012win/content/finale/TempoTap.htm

Unfortunately I don't know of a sequencer on Linux that does this.