[LAU] hardware midi control--footswitch? or Jack audio transport

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Jun 20 00:38:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 16:45 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
> BTW, for extra points add some rotary encoders and SW and make a mixer
> controller.

It's less expensive to buy such a device instead DIY.

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 02:27 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Do those USB MIDI foot controllers work with Linux, IOW is it possible
> to allocate MIDI commands to the switches, without the need to run
> Windows/Mac software for doing this?

I found out that some don't need a driver, so they should work for Linux
too, assumed there's no need to send a special command. IMO a command
could be transformed to another and I guess some apps allow to allocate
MIDI commands to the software's knobs.