[LAU] hardware midi control--footswitch? or Jack audio transport

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Jun 20 01:06:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, June 19, 2013 5:38 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 16:45 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:
>> BTW, for extra points add some rotary encoders and SW and make a mixer
>> controller.
>
> It's less expensive to buy such a device instead DIY.

I agree. Also, one generally wants system feed back as to where the knob
is adjusted to. The keyboard interface doesn't really provide a way of
doing that. The rasp pi GPIO is probably a better interface for that. DIY
does allow the exact layout the user wants though... sometimes that is
worth spending more on. Sometimes you just can't get what you want from
the store.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net