[LAU] Building Audio from a Server Core?

Grekim Jennings grekimj at acousticrefuge.com
Fri Mar 1 12:36:43 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 03:31 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 02/28/2013 04:00 AM, grekimj at acousticrefuge.com wrote:
>> This would be for the sole purpose of audio, and GUI-less ones at
>> that. I also like the idea of being able to carry a studio on a flash
>> drive...sort of amazing. Another machine would have Ardour etc. I
>> came across the "server core" terminology from the Lubuntu alternate
>> downloads area.
>
> I think you're confusing "server core" and the "lubuntu-core" package.
> Lubuntu doesn't have a server edition.
Quite possibly.  I went through about 6 links to get to the download,
see below.
> Which software and variables are you referring to?
>
>  It's just the first time the (Presonus) Audiobox has not initialized
> properly
>> on probably a dozen systems I have tried it on. I'm assuming the
>> kernel should be the same between a server and a desktop.
>
> What did you actually install? What is the output of uname -a on the
> machine on which the Presonus doesn't work?

I installed the 32-bit mini iso on this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall

I can't give you a uname because I wrote over it with a minimal Debian
Squeeze (laptop + system tools packages)  But, after working for a few
boots on one machine (booting Debian from the flash drive), I tried the
Debian/flash drive in my studio computer and got the message on boot:
"error: incompatible license."  And then it goes to grub rescue.  And
when I go back to the original computer I get the same error.  Bummer.