[LAU] Two exact same drumpads, different USB ID's

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Mar 3 19:13:22 UTC 2013

On 03/03/2013 04:51 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> Dumb question:)  I am not sure from the original post, but are these
> outputs from plugging only one unit in at a time, or booting with both
> plugged in?

Hello Len,

Haven't tried booting with the pads plugged in, don't think it makes a
difference though but I'll give it a go.

  That is if there is only one unit plugged in, does the bad
> unit then work, or is the bad unit always bad?

Bad unit is always bad because of the different USB ID.

  If so, with the bad unit
> plugged in, is it possible to manually load the correct kernel modules and
> have them recognize it?

Yes you can load the correct kernel module by using modalias for
example. But the module (snd-usb-audio) doesn't recognize the controller
no matter what I try (using new_id for example:
http://lwn.net/Articles/160944/).

Jeremy