[LAU] Issues with JACK

Gabbe Nord gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:26:53 UTC 2013

Hello!

I don't have hyperthreading, atleast there's nothing about that in bios.
It's a dekstop computer though.
Hmm, alarming! I do use both USB keyboard and USB mouse. My soundcard is
also USB. I do have alot of other devices plugged in aswell to my USB. Is
there any way I can fix this, other then getting "real" plugs for the USB
keyboard/mouse? Like I said, there's still a couple of devices that uses
USB even if I get rid of the mouse/keyboard.

@ Jeremy "So the xruns are not completely gone? And what if you force the
Lexicon to only use 2 ins and outs with -i2 -o2? Could you also post your
jackd command (run JACK and check with ps -eo cmd | grep [j]ackd)":
No, not completely gone. Running a project now that has ~70% cpu load
(never goes above that), and that gives atleast 4-5 pops each second. It's
not inaudible, but it's very prominent. That command told me something like
"/some/path/jackdbus auto" which I figure isn't of much help? I start jack
through Cadence, so I don't know how to extract the command from that
really =(.

I will try forcing the use of 2 ins and 2 outs!

Also, the MIDI issue turns out to atleast 1st be a problem with either the
keyboard or the actual soundcard. I suspect the keyboard, it has been
messing with me before. Gotta crack it open and take a look.... =/

Anyway, thanks for all help! I really need this working, if the pops can go
away for this I'll have a golden production environment =).

Cheers,
Gabriel