[LAU] Ardour.org hacked...

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:14:42 UTC 2013

> Of course you can also always compile from source:
> http://ardour.org/building_linux.html

So if the ardour site was hacked then is there not a possibility that the sourcecode has been compromised too? Is the code signed?
What I am getting at is that if you install ardour using a root account but the version you are installing is maliciously compromised then your system canbecome pwned.
I doubt this since if I wanted to own a few systems then I would not leave thehack evident but Linux is very close to some large exploits due to the natureof distributed and weakly protected code.
Regards, nick.