[LAU] multimedia content

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Mar 13 15:12:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, March 14, 2013 12:21 am, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Wed, March 13, 2013 2:38 am, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>> Putting together some original video footage for an audio track is
>> really
>> not that hard. We have all the tools so I don't know what is holding
>> things up.
>
> Some of us are just not visually oriented... I've worked in the area, but
> it just doesn't turn my crank artistically.

Even so that doesn't explain the lack of serious attempts at making full
spectrum multimedia by other people round here and all the umbrella
groups. Also how many people say that and then sit in front of a TV or
computer for hours absorbing the visual experience.

Given that the vast majority of us are visually enabled it is a bizarre
that so few of us find the time to make the effort. Considering how much
music round here is made by people who are just scratching an itch and are
not really attempting to make professional grade productions but instead
just pushing their own boundaries it seems like people are missing some
opportunities for artistic expression by ignoring the possibilities that
mixing audio and visual provides.

Definitely ignoring some chances for making some cash out of their art too.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd