[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Ivan Tarozzi itarozzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:19:03 UTC 2013

Il 14/03/2013 12:43, Louigi Verona ha scritto:
> Ivan, the fact that people have to crack software and that it is illegal
> is because of copyright, not because of proprietary software.

I don't agree :)
Copyright (in terms of copyleft) is what differs free-software from
public domain software.

GPL guarantees our freedoms in terms of law respect. Anyone can use free
software outside the rules from GPL or similar licenses.

Proprietary software use copyright to limit users freedom.
Proprietary software can't exists without copyright.

> Take away copyright - and everyone can crack all they want. Will there
> be less proprietary software? Possibly.

Without copyright, imo crack concept doesn't exists.

cheers
Ivan