[LAU] Sending audio out and back into JACK

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Fri Mar 15 14:45:14 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 03:34 PM, Andrew C wrote:
 > No question is a stupid question, as they say, so I might as well ask.
 > What kind of external audio hardware/JACK trickery

None.

In qjackctl->connect connect the synths out (left pane) to the in of the
soundcard (right pane), this should get your synth out of the sound
card. Connect the corresponding harware output to the in of you outboard
what have you, the output of the outboard into an input of the
soundcard. Then in qjackctl connect the out of the soundcard (left pane)
to some app that should receive the modified signal (right pane).

What might seem confusing is that to get sound out of the soundcard you
must connect it to in (right pane) in qjackctl, but that's because
looking from inside the computer the hardware output is actually a
software input.

Makes sense? If something goes wrong, take it one step at the time, and
verify that you have sound after each stage before you proceed.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk