[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Mar 16 13:19:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-17 at 02:00 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 08:36:40PM +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > I agree. Of course, you cannot make total crap a success, no matter
> > how much money you spend on marketing, but once you are beyond total
> > crap, marketing is key!
>
> Yeah, I sort of agree, depending on the product, but how do you explain
> the success of Coca Cola and McDonalds. I reckon they are only
> successful *BECAUSE* of the marketing.
>
> But I suppose there are exceptions to every idea.
>
> P.S. I'm not going to debate the quality of Coca Cola or McDonalds, just
> like I'm not going to debate whether the earth is flat.

As an explanation:

Coca Cola is regarding to sugar and caffeine a drug and in Germany the
"Besatzerbrause" came with freedom, resp. freedom came with Coca Cola.
You know Billy Wilder's "One, Two, Three"?

McDonalds at least in Germany, was the first fast food place selling
burgers that, hard to believe, but true, were better than burgers were
before we had McDonalds and perhaps they use emulsifying agents that are
drugs. I don't know, but at least such emulsifying agents are legal in
Germany.

Now Coca Cola and McDonalds are established and the target group for
radical commercials are stupid people.

You can't establish something like Coca Cola or McDonalds nowadays that
successfully, resp. for something similar to Coca Cola it's possible, if
it's a harder drug, such as Red Fool. Mix Red Fool with alcohol and
tricyclic antidepressants and have fun.