[LAU] screencast using jack

Jannis Achstetter jannis_achstetter at web.de
Sat Mar 16 22:23:41 UTC 2013

Hi Frederico,

Am 16.03.2013 23:12, schrieb Federico Bruni:
> I'm trying to figure out how to make a screencast using jack.
> I have a microphone connected to a firewire soundcard.
> [...]
> Can you help me?

I know that a piece of software called "KRAD RADIO" can do this kind of
stuff. Though it's still in a stage of development where things change
often and redically, version tagged as "13" in github is quite stable:
https://github.com/krad-radio/krad_radio/archive/Version_13.tar.gz

After you build from source, you basically fire up a "station", set the
(output) resolution and framerate, add the X11 capture for the live
image, add a jack input for the audio and set up the
"record-to-file"-part, specifying the codecs (WebM by default).
All commands needed are documented here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Krad_Radio/Commands
and some example "sessions" can be found here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Krad_Radio/Snippets

Live streaming the output is also possible.

If you have any questions, you can visit the devs in IRC at
irc://orc.mozilla.org/#kradradio or ask me :)

Best regards,
	Jannis