[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:20:15 UTC 2013

"Louigi, your presence on this list is normally both educational, and to the
point, and I'm sure is appreciated by all here, I know I do.  That is why I
am rather surprised to see you espousing near zero security."

My message had nothing to do with security. It had to do with the fact that
many
things on Linux are not GUI-based and thus difficult to figure out.

Someone pointed out an option in Settings. However, it is not an autologin
option,
it is an option to not ask for a password. It will still require you to
click "Login".

I said it above, I'll repeat - in all seriousness, there can't be one
reason why
Linux is not mainstream. There can be a multitude of reasons. My point, I
think,
is clear - many things on Linux are often hard to do and you bump into them
more often than on Windows. And it is certainly one of the reasons.

L.V.