[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Mar 18 17:19:43 UTC 2013

On Monday 18 March 2013 12:52:37 Len Ovens wrote:
> On Mon, March 18, 2013 7:41 am, drew Roberts wrote:
> > Say you are running rivendell on the air 24x7. If somehow the computer
> > reboots, you want the machine to boot up, login, perhaps set up jack and
> > any
> > other "plumbing" type stuff, run rdairplay and load today's log, start
> > playing music and commercials.
> >
> > So what do you do?
>
> Take the method I used for auto login plus screenlock and after bash put
> the filename a script to start the whole works. In this case you would
> want the lock to happen at the begining so the coomand would need to
> backgrounded with &.

I had it all working already but just going to a locked screensaver after one
minute.

I will try and get it down using some of the hints given in this thread.

I am launching the programs via .desktop files in .config/autostart including
the:

sh -c "sleep ..." trick

I start x11vnc right away
I start qjackctl after 15 seconds
	this launches darkice after startup via a script
	it also has the patchbay activated to make the wanted connections
I start rdairplay after 45 seconds

all the best,

drew