[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Mar 18 17:19:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, March 18, 2013 9:22 am, Louigi Verona wrote:
> It was Len Ovens who game me the Settings -> Users and Groups advice.
> Nevertheless, I will check this option again. Will report back ;)

If that requires still clicking login then the only option is to replace
lightdm with the session that lightdm would start for you (run as the user
in question). (that I can see) Switching lightdm to another *dm may also
offer a solution. I thought kdm might. And I don't know, maybe lightdm
does have a setting to autolog a default user.

So far as I know this would require editing files. To replace lightdm with
a session startup... edit /etc/X11/default-display-manager to have su
$user -c startx or whatever. The su may have to have it's full path. This
is not a general user setup, it really is an admin job. Any mission
critical uses should have someone with admin abilities anyway. This is not
normal desktop use.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net