[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Mon Mar 18 17:57:23 UTC 2013

On Monday 18 March 2013 13:35:34 Len Ovens wrote:
> On Mon, March 18, 2013 10:19 am, drew Roberts wrote:
> > I had it all working already but just going to a locked screensaver after
> > one
> > minute.
> >
> > I will try and get it down using some of the hints given in this thread.
> >
> > I am launching the programs via .desktop files in .config/autostart
> > including
> > the:
> >
> > sh -c "sleep ..." trick
> >
> > I start x11vnc right away
> > I start qjackctl after 15 seconds
> > 	this launches darkice after startup via a script
> > 	it also has the patchbay activated to make the wanted connections
>
> I am assuming the jackdbus settings (and connections) are pretty static
> and would think that jack_command might be better than having qjackctl
> hanging around where someone might play with it. It would take a bit of
> learning and to be sure it is doing what you want may take more than just
> jack_command start, but anything qjackctl can do can be done CLI. I don't
> expect a control room operator to be a computer admin. (not in any
> TV/radio station I've worked in) jack.plumbing from the jack-tools package
> might make your auto connection stuff work well too. (I shouldn't have to
> say this, but do test these things on a spare machine running the same
> HW/SW as your on-air box)

Right now, this is a test setup for a project what will hopefully go live in
the fall.

I haven't run rivendell on a daily basis for years so this is largely a
re-learning project at this point.

I am just trying to get things working at this point. After that, I will try
and clean things up as you suggest.

I may also switch to liquidsoap from darkice. we shall see.

all the best,

drew