[LAU] enabling autologin

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Mar 19 13:34:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, March 18, 2013 11:08 pm, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:41:15AM -0400, drew Roberts wrote:
>> of
>> >
>> > Is security not a concern in your eyes?
>>
>> Say you are running rivendell on the air 24x7. If somehow the computer
>> reboots, you want the machine to boot up, login, perhaps set up jack and
>> any
>> other "plumbing" type stuff, run rdairplay and load today's log, start
>> playing music and commercials.
>>
>> So what do you do?
>
> I would look at setting up a "kiosk system", e.g.

I had thought of that too. In many ways in this case we are using the
computer as an appliance. I think though, it would need to run in a
production environment for a while to make sure all the use cases were
covered before shutting down access to unneeded menus and applications.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net