[LAU] SysV init scripts vs. systemd, a short note

Tue Mar 19 20:32:57 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Hopefully this will be useful to others. I just wrote a short note
describing my experiences when moving from a SysV init script based
OpenMixer[*] system to one that uses systemd. In short, yes, it is
possible, no, it was not easy (mostly because of my own ignorance of
systemd, of course :-)

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~nando/plog/20130315/

Enjoy!
-- Fernando

[*] OpenMixer is a mixing and routing application written in
SuperCollider that manages audio for our 22 channel 3D Listening Room.
It has to start on boot and runs as the "openmixer" user and group, and
I wanted it to not use a regular Desktop "autologin" feature but rather
be a SysV init service...

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/room-guides/listening-room/
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/openmixer/manual/