[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Wed Mar 20 01:21:31 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 04:51 PM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> If you can't get basic video editing done with Blender then you should
> consider trying a new career.

Maybe someone can shed light on this problem: I've been trying blender
video editing. Before importing a file, I check the frame rate using
VLC (ctl->j) and then set the blender frame rate to match. Blender doesn't
always have a matching frame rate so I come as close as possible.

After importing the file into blender, when I play it the audio slowly
goes out of sync. After 15 minutes or so it is so far out that I have to
shut it down and possibly try another frame rate. If I could solve
that problem, blender would be fine as an editor. Any thoughts ?

I'm also trying cinelerra for the second time, but this time I found
that the sourceforge version is better. I'll be working with it
to see if it will do the job.

Pitivi is simple, but it manages to do the job most of the time.
Audio sync is fine.

What I am missing from the LightWorks conversation is the
outlook for the release date. Since I am a GNU/Linux bigot
and am willing to spend money for a better product, it would
be good to know that there is a polished application that
will work with G/L. Did I miss the release date ?

Bob