[LAU] OT: what is happening with RT kernel development?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Mar 21 15:28:57 UTC 2013

Can someone who keeps up with RT development help me find up to date
information?
There do not seem to be any RT patches for 3.8 in the usual place (which
as far as I know is still
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/ ).
I found a message from Fernando several months back mentioning that there
was some kind of NFS bug in the 3.6-RT kernel, which is why CCRMA kernels
are still based on 3.4, but despite searching lkml.org with various words
and phrases, I have not been able to piece together any coherent
information on the current state of 3.6 RT kernels, and why there is yet
no 3.8 patch set.

Is this just a case of the RT development community being rather small, so
no one sees a need to make an announcement to LKML that 3.8-RT has some
problems, so don't expect an RT release very soon after the mainline 3.8
release?  Or am I just looking in the wrong places for information?

thanks,
Chris Caudle