[LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 19:23:19 UTC 2013

The plan is for the box to be used in a regular fashion with X11 locally.
The

> x11vnc part is only for troubleshooting where occasionally necessary. Can
> your suggestions hook into an existing desktop properly? (I normally just
> use
> tightvnc for regular remote type uses.)

Yes, it is simple to remote into an existing desktop with vnc4server you
just run:

x0vncserver -PasswordFile=/home/user/.vnc/passwd

(after you've set the vnc password, of course)

> IIRC, there is a QT4 port underway but I don't think it is rushed. Not
> payig
> close attention.

Nice to hear. We may give it another look when the QT4 port arrives then.

Good luck with your plans.

Thanks Drew - good luck to you too! Keep us posted on your progress please!