[LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 21 19:26:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:58:47 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier
<jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:

> On 03/21/2013 04:58 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for something which I can use together with my 88keys
>> masterkeyb without knobs. It would be nice if it's small and light
>> enough to put on my keyboard itself. Something like the evolution uc-16,
>> but it would be nice if I could route my midi masterkeybd via the
>> controller to the computer (midi in / midi out / midi thru (?).
>>
>> I like to control stuff like setBfree and some effects in Non-Mixer
>> probably.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> \r
>
> Korg nanoKONTROL and an USB MIDI cable. Connect the MIDI OUT and IN of
> your keyboard with the USB MIDI cable, connect your nanoKONTROL and off
> you go :) I just received an USB MIDI cable from DealExtreme. Works OOTB
> and was only $6 and no shipping fee.

Ok, I already replied to another thread off-list, but I guess it's time to
write to the list again and that Rosea says what he exactly wants to get.
IIUC connecting a nanoKONTROL to the masterkeyboard is not what he wants.
Also not connecting a nanoControl to the computer. I think I've got an
idea of what he wants. First off all a more advanced device than the
nanoKONTROL and second ... I'm uncertain what exactly is the reason for
the MIDI in out thru question mark ... I've got several ideas what he
might want it for, not only the thought about the cable, but why guessing,
if we can ask?