[LAU] Poll - Was: Hey everyone, a simple question.

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:48:02 UTC 2013

When I migrated to Linux, I was a full free software supporter. However,
since
then my views have changed considerably. I do not fully agree with Stallman
and I do not consider proprietary software "evil" in any sense. However, I
do
genuinely like Linux, I like to use it daily and I enjoy being part of a
community of
people who decided to build an operating system for themselves.

I do believe that free as in speech software is a very very good concept. I
think all information should be free as in speech - including music, books
and movies. But I don't think you can or should force what you think is good
on other people unless it is in self-defense of some sort.

So I do use proprietary software on Linux. Namely, my licensed copy of Gold
Wave - a vintage sound editor. Works great under WINE. I do use some VSTs
through Festige, quite rarely though. In fact, I can remember only 1 tune I
released where a VST was used to generate wind.

L.V.