[LAU] Kazam screencast [WAS: LightWorks for Linux Demo]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Mar 22 08:38:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 22:31 -1000, david wrote:
> Hmmm, I use Debian Sid and use some Ubuntu PPAs with it. I've used
> Debian packages on Ubuntu. Didn't have compatibility problems. But
> probably wasn't doing anything ambitious.

This can work and it can course serious issues. Sure, even if the
filesystem hierarchy should differ, libs will be found after a ldconfig
and perhaps there aren't that many differences between init and upstart,
but it's likely that packages will conflict, something that already can
happen when using third party repositories build for your distro, Ubuntu
or Debian.