[LAU] seq24 and JACK Transport

Frank Kober goemusic at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 22 19:44:58 UTC 2013

>________________________________
> De : Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
>On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Frank Kober <goemusic at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

>>it didn't work for me. Maybe I'm wrong but if I understood correctly, recent jack1 transport no longer goes into Jack_Transport_Starting state before going to Jack_Transport_Rolling (this was deliberately dropped), but seq24 currently needs this to start off with jack transport.
>>

>what leads you to make this claim?
>
>nothing has been changed in jack1 transport in a VERY LONG time.

OK so this is clearly my bad. The reason for this 'claim' is a discussion on seq24-devel ml between Torben Hohn and Guido Scholz about future versions of jack, in which the sync callback in seq24 should be dropped, because it will no longer work. I may have misunderstood parts of it. The other reason is that when I tested it with jack1 (quite some time ago) seq24 didn't respond to jack transport start, and I didn't see it going into the transport_starting state. So the above came from that, and now I know I made a false conclusion, but I don't think I dreamed it.

Sorry then
Frank