[LAU] Trying to run jackd from udev

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Mar 23 06:48:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-23 at 06:49 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 23:51 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> > Is this maybe related to using sudo?
>
> I noticed that when checking the user by $USER or $EUID, the result
> often is wrong, but the output of $(id -u) until now always was correct,
> so directly after the sudo I would add
>
>         echo $? > id.log
>         id -u >> id.log
>
> to the script. The $? to check if sudo is working and id -u to check if
> it really does switch the user, assumed the output of $? should be 0.

Hm?

My idea isn't good.

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# /usr/bin/sudo -u rocketmouse -s echo ":)"
:)
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# echo $?
0
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# id -u
0

Perhaps you should test it by adding an additional sudo

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# /usr/bin/sudo -u rocketmouse -s id -u
1000

just to test if it really does work as expected.