[LAU] How to turn off hyperthreading?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Mar 25 19:26:09 UTC 2013

Hi David!
   Not, that I'm an expert, but I can't see, why HyperThreading should cause
with RT.
   Still, if there is a possibility to deo this from inside Linux, you'll have
to look into the sys filessystem.
/sys/devices/system/cpu/
   is a likely point to start looking.
   Asfar as I am aware, hyperthreading has been used for years and is quite an
essential part of cpu design, I shouldn't even say "modern" in this context,
for I heard this mentioned in one of my computer science lectures back in the
early 2000s and that was one of the profs actually involved with the practical
side.
   Take this with a pinch of salt.
   Warm regards
       Julien