[LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:36:15 UTC 2013

On 03/24/2013 09:45 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 03/22/2013 08:09 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> Ok thx for info guys. To me it seems that the nanokontrol is not the
>> ideal choice atm. All though there're options to get it working:
>> http://www.thomann.de/nl/cme_widix8.htm
>>

>> I might stick with my bcr2000 also from my master keybd (all though the
>> thing is big). I might need a nice stand for the bcr2000 and for my
>> laptop too.
>>
>> This thing seems close to ideal at first sight:
>> http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-Bitstream3X.html
>>
>> I just need some more money. The CME things looks good in general. I
>> like the cleanness of the Z series for example, no bad knobs, good keys
>> (afaik) and features you don't need or are better bought as module imo.
>>
>> Best,
>> \r
>
> Why not use a Raspberry Pi for this?
> * RPi: €35,- (eventually with extra casing, add another €10,-)
> * SD card: €10,-
> * USB MIDI cable: €5,-
> * WiFi dongle: €5,-
> * QMidiCtl: free
>
> So for €55,- and some time (but I'm more than willing to help out) you
> should be set.

Thanks, that's a nice offer but I feel something like the 3X could be
useful for me for many years for different setups. With cheaper
solutions like the nanokontrol you always bump against limitations or
less quality material.

The 3X even seems to have conf. software for Linux Fedora 5, not sure
how useful that is today though!??
http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bitstream_3x/downloads.php

That with a Linux tablet which logins to my workstation via ssh -X to
monitor the GUIs (and controlling non-sequencer) would be a dream I think.

But I like the idea of the RPi too, it's great that there are linux
devices which makes such things possible for little money.

Regards,
\r