[LAU] SOLUTION - CDRDAO - need help on new machine

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Mar 28 04:33:44 UTC 2013

I used k3b to help me figure out how to use cdrdao on my newer
machine.  Here's how.  In the "burn" dialog window

  - Select the Writing Mode "DAO".
  - Select the Writing app "cdrdao".
  - Check the "Simulate" button in the "Settings".
  - Click "Burn".

When that's done click the "Show Debugging Output" in the burning
progress window.  k3b failed the simulated burn and used this
command:

  /usr/bin/cdrdao write --device /dev/sr0 --driver generic-mmc:0x00000010
    --speed 16 --simulate -n -v 2 --force
    --remote 24 /home/kevinc/.tmp/kde-kevinc/k3b_audio_0_.toc

I altered that command to be:

  cdrdao simulate --device /dev/sr0 --driver generic-mmc:0x00000010
    -v 2 contents.toc

That complained:

  ERROR: CD-TEXT: Language 0: PERFORMER field not defined for all
  tracks or disk.

The CD_TEXT block of my TOC file didn't have a PERFORMER field.
I copied the PERFORMER field of another track to that block.
After fixing that, the simulated cdrdao command worked fine.
Even better changing "simulate" to "write" produced a CD that
plays just right on one of my audio CD players that had trouble
with the last disc.

Yay!

I hope this helps someone else....

--