[LAU] UEFI (was How to turn off hyperthreading?)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Mar 28 20:55:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, March 29, 2013 7:44 am, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com
>> wrote:
>

>> UEFI is a "microsoft" rootkit and backdoor so "they" (as in "They Live")
>> can spy on you and take control of your computer any time "they" want.
>

> This is at best unproven and at worst willfully false.
>
> UEFI does not represent a way to do either of these things. If it could do
> that, then so could your existing BIOS.
>
> There is little point in denying that UEFI plays into the interests of
> Microsoft and large content providers, but that is very different from you
> have claimed here.

Like the backdoor that doesn't exist on every cellphone? Or the use of
social networks to fulfil the CIA's promise project agenda. Or that
arcfour has not been compromised.

Anyone can choose to believe that UEFI does not have a seriously sinister
objective if they want. It's supposed to be a free world after all. When
they nuke North Korea some people will probably want to believe it was
because the North Korean's deserved it. We are free to believe whatever we
want to believe. Some people believe in god, some believe in fairies, some
believe in aliens. Well, you get the point ;-)

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd