[LAU] HOWTO create a simple youtube video for musical purposes

Ivan Tarozzi itarozzi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:02:25 UTC 2013

Il 28/03/2013 23:25, jonetsu at teksavvy.com ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a musical piece of some 4 minutes, recorded in Ardour and
> currently saved as an ogg file.  I would like to make it Youtube
> compatible in the most simplest way.  Like in having one single picture
> being shown while the music plays.  Not even two or three, just one.
> And the music.  That would be the video.  The picture is one I've taken,
> and is of ridiculously large format which I can resize using Image Magick.
>
> How can such a video be created ?  I have no idea how to do that.

Sorry, never uploaded video to youtube, so I'm not sure about audio and
video formats (codec), but from stackoverflow.com forum here ffmpeg
solution:

ffmpeg -i image.png -i music.mp3 -acodec libvo_aacenc -vcodec libx264
outpu-video.flv

Tryied with few seconds of music, and it seems to work. But (I don't
know why) only totem display the image, vlc doesn't.

May be you have to check for right codec in ffmpeg manual page.

Ivan