[LAU] Realtime Privilege, WAS:Re: OT: what is happening with RT kernel development?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Mar 30 01:05:18 UTC 2013

Le 29-03-2013 18:35, Kaj Ailomaa a écrit :

> I'm fairly sure your m-audio card is at hw:1 in this case. There's no
> guarantee in which order the cards end up at each boot.
> To make sure you always start your m-audio card, I usually always use
> the  name.

> This means you don't have realtime privilege. You need to do two
> things.

> First, make sure you have a file called
> /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf  with the contents (if you didn't
> enable realtime privilege during install,  the file will be named
> /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf,disabled):

The file was already as below.  So I ran the dpkg-reconfigure command
in there.  And I added my user name to the group file, and rebooted. Now
qjackctl shows all 1010LT ins and outs, so things are moving on.  There
was no need to specify the card's name which is good in a sense, because
I do not know where to specify the name.  qjackctl does not seemingly
take a card name as a parameter.

> You accidentally sent this mail directly to me ;)

Sorry, I'm using the web interface mail thing from the ISP who did some
modifications to their email service and it's not that good - I should
get back to using sylpheed but haven't done it yet.

Well, thanks for the setup tips.  It now works.  So, if I notice
glitches and many xruns then I will know that I should use a low latency
kernel ?  The machine is quad core with 16G RAM with a ASUS mobo that
has an new-improved-updated sata interface for the drives.