[LAU] Looking: cheap analog in to ADAT out converter

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sun Mar 31 04:03:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, March 30, 2013 8:00 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>    I know, no longer strictly on topic. but the wealth of information is
> too
> much, so I'm asking those who know.
>    I'm looking for an A/D converter, more precisely a converter from
> analog ins
> to ADAT out. I've seen the Q-ADAT, which sounds almost reasonable. I've

Inputs only, line level only, but if that is all you need... < $200 seems
great. I don't know what the quality is like, but it seems to be the
cheapest adat anything I have seen. It should be easier to get line level
inputs right than mic preamps.

The  Fostex VC-8 is supposed to be even less, but the line ins are rca,
read unbalanced., but then many of your keyboards out will be unbalanced
at -10db anyway. I'm not sure how easy they are to find though.

> also
> seen the ADA8000. But frankly both seem a bit much. I mean that literally

Well these are about 1/2 of anything else with the same function... lots
of mic pre/lineout adat stuff for about $500, but I have heard mixed
reviews on the quality of things from Behringer. (something about things
burning up from improper cooling)

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net