[LAU] Unplugging firewire soundcard while jack is running - not good

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sun Mar 31 16:02:40 UTC 2013

Hi

Quick intro: Today I was on stage with my ubuntu laptop, running jack
and renoise. Suddenly (during sound check) renoise started acting really
strange, and things started getting a it hectic. After a
last-resort-reboot I realized that the firewire cable to my soundcard
had come loose.

So now I did some testing, and unplugging the firewire cable doesn't
give any error messages, which I find strange. Is there a way to make my
system more informative in such situations?

NB: I should mention that plugging the cable back in, killing +
restarting jack solves the problem. But of course that requires you to
realize what went wrong :-)

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk