[LAU] Nepalese Song - improving mix?

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:01:50 UTC 2013

Thanks everyone!

This is my "improved" mix - based on comments here, and some more tweaking!
Not sure my skills are up to all the suggestions that were made, but this
is to the best of my ability:

https://soundcloud.com/jmstone/m/download/s-SIyAE

By the way, I am not sure if my condenser mic is breaking - the vocals
sound a bit distorted despite being recorded at below clipping levels - any
experts here care to comment?

My friend is very happy with it, and is planning to submit it to a local
Nepali radio station  in the UK - so we will see what comes of it.

No plans to record an album or anything - the guitar/bass player is back in
Nepal now..

Incidentally, the two of them were relatively famous in the 90s in Nepal
with a song they recorded together, but apparently no recordings of it are
left (they were recorded onto cassette and distributed to radio stations,
but never released)..

James