[LAU] Anyone have any anecdotal experiences like this to share (horrible singers in the studio)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu May 2 19:44:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 06:25:39AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> It was my first experience with the notion that the producer
> (aka Mr Money) is always right.

Always. I remember mixing a live broadcast of a big band concert,
one of the first (but thank $GOD not _the_ first) I ever did. The
(female) producer of the show was *completely drunk*, hanging on
my shoulders from behind and hugging me while I was trying to stay
in control. A few minutes later she threw up, just by chance not on
the mixer or me. Later during the show she walked on stage towards
a trombone player doing his solo, got a foot entangled in some mic
cables, fell down like a solid block and remained there until the
stage hands carried her off. There were some funny faces in the
audience, but the show went on as if nothing had happened.

I guess that everyone who has worked for some time in broadcasting,
film, theater or similar environments has at least one horror story
to tell...

Ciao,

--
FA