[LAU] Problem uploading sysex data to hardware synth

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Thu May 2 20:48:31 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!
   I've got a problem uploading some sounds to my Waldorf Microwave XT. It's an
old device, but it's made to receive patches and wavetables. I downloaded a
couple of MIDI fies containing the necessary SysEx data from the web. But when
using aplaymidi to upload them like this:
aplaymidi -p 24:0 bank.mid
   I get nothing for a few seconds and then messages like this get repeated a
couple of times:
[1393510.800523] dump_midi: 20 callbacks suppressed
   In the end I don't find any difference in my synth.
   question: is it the synth, the MIDI interface or ALSA/aplaymidi. My MIDI
interface in this instance is a USB -> MIDI adapter, just shown as "USB MIDI
Interface". It's twin is called "USB MIDI Cable". So I can't tell you it's
make and model. So far they've both served me well.
   Any suggestions?
   Kindest regards
          Julien