[LAU] Problem uploading sysex data to hardware synth

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sat May 4 15:39:01 UTC 2013

On Sat, 4 May 2013, Paul Davis wrote:

> JACK does not "grab" anything except *raw* MIDI ports and even then
> only if -Xraw is used, which is a bad idea to begin with.

I remember reading that before, but the strange thing is I'm setup for
"seq" in QJackCtl, and my ~/.jackdrc has "-Xseq", and yet if I try to
send sysex from the shell with amidi while jackd is running I get a
device in use error.  I don't know how to explain it, but that's what it
does, even with -Xseq.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky