[LAU] Some streaming linux audio

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon May 6 17:28:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, 06 May 2013 14:23:15 +0200
Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer at gmail.com> wrote:
> We run a similar setup for our music syndicate, with MPD playing while
> no liveshow is up. When we take over the antenna from MPD, we use the
> risky yet very well working "move clients" in the icecast2 interface. I
> know it's a bit hacky, but since we are not adressing so many listeners,
> it works fine for now.

Ken's using liquidsoap to feed icecast, and it's got a very nice
mechanism to play a playlist of content, but interrupt that whenever it
recognizes a live feed coming in.  I have a nice script that also starts
recording whenever it finds the live feed starting up.

If you're doing streaming with Linux, liquidsoap is absolutely phenomenal.
http://savonet.sourceforge.net/

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com