[LAU] RME Multiface and an extra 8 output channels

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Tue May 14 04:34:49 UTC 2013

Iain,

> Thanks Brent and Ralf. I also wrote to the RME forum. Seems that even if
> I do get a new MF/HDSP combo - one of the respondents thought the sync
> wouldn't be sample-accurate if I were to combine an MFI with an MFII. He
> thought it would though if I got hold of a second MFI - but wasn't sure.

The Multiface 1 and 2 have different converters. Depending on what you
want to achieve, this is probably not what you want (the converters in
the Multiface 2 are faster).

What do you mean with "the sync wouldn't be sample-accurate"? Multiple
cards can be started and stopped at exactly the same buffer position.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key B3B9226C