[LAU] Fwd: Re: Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Tue May 14 10:07:43 UTC 2013

>> I've had the same issue. As you describe later you have to switch the USB
>> controller to USB 1.1 mode and disable Advanced mode on the UA-25.
>>

> Do you mean there is something to configure on RPi? If it is so I
> think something did it. I didn't touched anything on RPi related to
> USB, I just disabled Advanced mode on the UA25 turning off the switch
> on the back, and I guess this is what cause the switching to 1.1. Is
> it so?

Hello Carlos,

Not sure, I should try that out myself. Afaik disabling advanced mode is
not enough, you should also add dwc_otg.speed=1 to your
/boot/cmdline.txt file.

[...]

> As the mini SD 2G card was corrupted, I just use a 64MB for the boot
> partition where I specify /dev/sda2 as the system partition. For the
> moment it all went quite well. As I mentioned before, it runs RT
> without a problem.

Have to give it another go then. Audio in my case was so glitchy that it
was unusable actually.

>> I'm using a powered hub with a 3.7A adapter which is more than enough. I
>> bought this hub for €3, wouldn't call that expensive ;)
>>

> That's really cheap. I have to find something similar to avoid more
> power issues.

I have good experiences with dx.com (DealExtreme):
http://dx.com/s/usb%2bhub%2bac%2badapter.html?sort=Price
The hub I'm using now:
http://www.amazon.de/7-Port-gerichtet-leichteren-Zugang-Staubverschlu%C3%9F/dp/B006ZZMSB8

Regards,