[LAU] Questions about LV2

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Tue May 14 10:15:27 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 12:04 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
>   Jeremy: OK, I've seen, that the Zyn LV2 plugin makes extensive use
> of the dynparam extension and that might be a problem. I'll see about
> that.
>   As for samplv1, this answers one question, there's some special
> hidden magic about loading samples between GUI and plugin. Pitty about
> that.
>   Warm regards and thanks for the hint
>          Julien

That's one thing that always irks me about all these custom guis. They
make accessibility a pain in the butt. I think it was Robin Gareus that
mentioned to me on IRC that there might be a way in the LV2 pipeline to
at least make patch_set messages generic. That would be awesome as it
would make both the example sampler plugin in the LV2 distro (and my own
little experimental LV2 plugin) accessible given that the host has a way
to expose the patch set interface in a non-gui way (for stuff like
console only lv2 hosts).

Flo

P.S.: Putting Dave on CC. Maybe he has some more info on the subject..

--
Florian Paul Schmidt
http://fps.io