[LAU] bcF200/BCR2000 on Linux - with no BCX2000 support

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue May 14 17:27:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013 19:09:36 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>    I'm considering to get a Behringer BCR2000 to control some software. Now
> I've seen the bcx2000 software, which naturally is graphical.
>    So my question: how do you see my chances of creating my own configurations?
> Is the SysEx sent by the Behringer small and structured enough, that I could
> try hacking it directly in a hex-editor? I've recently done some
> header-hacking of other SysEx files and found it not as unpleasant as I
> imagined.

Hi, Julien!  It all seems pretty straightforward enough at the sysex
level, I can send you a config file from my BCF if you'd like.  I did
not use any of the GUI tools to change the config on mine; I either
saved or loaded a config file with amidi, and if I needed to change what's
in the BCF, I did it by twiddling the knobs and setting it on the BCF,
then I saved the config to a file.  I'm sure editing a config file and

Looking at a file now, it seems easy enough as all the labels appear to
be in English and not encoded in any form.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com