[LAU] Questions about LV2

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue May 14 21:58:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de>
wrote:
>   There are a couple of plugins, that load files (samplv2, zyn, I think
the IR convolver,...) and they all rely on their GUIs. It seems to me, that
it's mostly loading and saving of files, that is done outside the LV2
plugin ports.

Filename support is now in LV2 and Jalv: if a port is marked to be a
filename, the host knows this, and is able to send an appropriate message
to the plugin. This extension was written after IR convolver, and I don't
think it has been updated yet. It should be. Same with zyn and samplv2, if
i'm not mistaken.