[LAU] CD ripping

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu May 23 12:14:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 11:18:13 +0100
R Kimber <richardkimber at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2013 11:06:24 +0200
> Arve Barsnes wrote:
>
> > This might be important still
> > https://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/issues/detail?id=528
>
> Thanks.  Oh dear, this is getting beyond my technical competence.
>
> Is there an alternative to using cdparanoia?  Or is it back to
> Windows - I assume they have a reliable ripper?
>
> - Richard.

As far as I remember from a couple of years ago there was a good
freeware ripper for windows, written in pascal and pretty much
abandoned. There was something commercial that was supposed to be
decent. My first stop for ripping questions and similar stuff used to
be www.hydrogenaudio.org, some fairly competent people used to be
there, and lots of people interested in ripping and listening tests.
On Linux rubyripper was the best I've found so far.

Regards,
Philipp